Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Beginning of a New Life

Many friends and family do not know the story on how I found out I was pregnant. It's a denial and drama filled story that still entertains me today when I think of it. Here is the detailed story to finding out a brand new chapter in my life.

April- My birthday is April 30, and I was turning the long awaited day for the big 21. It still feels like yesterday when I would think, "I wonder what I'll be doing when I turn 21." The adventure surely did not ever cross my mind as happening. I had gone to work Friday night nd planned to go out at midnight. For some odd reason I felt very nauseous on and off throughout whole day. Thinking that it was something I must have eaten I kept my plans and went out with the girls. Saturday was the real celebration. Woke up with a slight stomach issue but slept it off. A whole day hangover hasn't happened since my classes graduation party (yes, I'm admitting to drinking at 19-years-old). I began thinking of reasons why I could be feeling this way and pregnancy NEVER entered my head. Saturday night before heading out downtown me and a few friends went out to eat Italian. Once the pasta sat infront of me I could only take a few bites. My appetite became low and the visual look on food made me want to run to the bathroom. (I love Italian food, so this was very strange for me!) Once again I ignored how I felt and went out. But when a friend would offer me a drink I'd turn up my nose. It looked and smelled so awful, but I sucked it up and took it like a champ.

May- First day of May was also the first day of the worst hangover. I had never felt this way before. It was like a stomach ache mixed in with a bad fall. The bed and couch were my best friends. After a few days the nausea continued, thankfully my boss allowed me to sit down whenever I was able to. I went on doing my normal routine, but absolutely no drinking. The thought of a cocktail made me gag. Still I didn't think of pregnancy. Two of my close friends questioned it, but I said it was impossible. Seemed like I was trying to make myself believe it was impossible. Making my mind believe a lie I created. A week and few days passed and I became unable to move from my bed. The ache below my lungs yet above my stomach would go up and down in pain. Fetal position was the only cure I could find. Becoming curious and worried, I looked online. Related symptoms went to a digestive issue, so I called my mom to let her know about how I was feeling and had made a doctors appointment.

Twenty minutes before my mom was coming to take me to the appointment (I couldn't drive due to extreme nausea and pain) I took a deep breath and tore open a pregnancy test. It did NOT take long for that thing to register the two bright pink lines. I was positively 100% pregnant and in shock. I sat until my mom pulled up. She could tell something was up right when I got into the car, and without thinking twice I showed her the test results. We have a very good relationship and I let her in on almost everything in my life. Immediately her eyes widen and the words I kept saying to myself came out of her mouth, "Oh my gosh," but with a smile.

Doctor's Office: I'm the kind of person that needs reassurance and an accurate statement. If I was to find out if the results were right a quick sample at the doctors office would be the answer, so of course I still went. My doctor came in and told me I was very much pregnant with a high level of HCG. "Congratulations!" But I sadly ignored her enthusiasm as I tried to comprehend the fact of how my life just went from one lifestyle to another within 10 minutes. Checking out was fast, and when my mom and I stepped outside I told her it was a for sure deal and began crying. I wasn't crying from sadness, I was happy but extremely scared and worried.

Some days later I got my appointment with my baby doctor. An ultrasound was taken to see how far along I was and they believe I was 6 weeks. My birthday mess and everything after made so much sense now. MORNING SICKNESS DUHH! I still smack myself for not even thinking of the possibility.

Now marks the beginning of a beautiful bump in our road. Since my first initial shock, I couldn't be any happier of a person

3 Comments:

At August 15, 2011 at 4:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Summer, your story is so beautiful!! I can't wait to see and hear more. And I also couldn't possibly be any more excited that we're pregnant together :)

 
At August 15, 2011 at 12:27 PM , Blogger Cryssibear27 said...

well, i remember when we were in Tennessee and you said you wanted to be pregnant together, i guess you got your wish, maybe a little sooner than you had expected ;) but you will do great things and be a wonderful mommy! Congrats Aunt Amanda!!! Love you

 
At August 16, 2011 at 4:59 AM , Blogger Chuck and Kathy said...

Summer, thank you for allowing us to be a part of this beautiful miracle. While it may not be the perfect time, it is what it is! We feel very blessed to be able to add two additions to our family. We welcome the opportunity to assist in any way that we can. We love you,

Chuck, Kathy, & Megan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home