Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Jordan Story

For those of you who know Jordan Frank you understand that he has a lot to say to just about anything (always entertaining). When I finally broke the news to him about the baby I must say I've never heard such silence so well. He just stared at me as my eyes began to water. I was so nervous because I had kept it a secret for about three weeks after I had found out (I was 9 weeks when I told) and he knew something was up for awhile. It was easy to tell him, but I was nervous about the response. We sat for a few minutes, as I began to cry and he just taking it all in. His incomplete sentences finally turned into, "How far along?" From there I told him everything, the how I found out story, what the doctor had said, my family's reaction, and how I felt. Although I'm sure he shit his pants from shock, he was very thankful I decided to keep the baby and went right to talking about the future with finances, school, and care. He felt bad for not jumping up and down with excitement since a baby came some years early, but I knew within time he'd begin to smile at the thought of a little Frank running around. I had some time to deal and register my emotions about this when I had told him, so I was doing all right with the new addition, although scared to death!

A little over 2 months has passed and our outlook and emotions have become more optimistic (especially mine!). Since the beginning we did NOT look at this as a bad thing at all, just a sudden change. We kept our minds positive, but now real happy excitement increases everyday. I understand the guy doesn't know exactly what to do about being excited or knowing how to help since the woman is carrying. But Jordan shows me in his actions by rubbing or laughing at my belly, talking to baby, and smiling at every excited emotion that I get when the word "baby" is spoken. Oh and the ear-to-ear smile he gets when an outfit says anything about "Daddy".

Overall we are both excited and very nervous. We learn from listening but will learn better when interacting with our baby. We cannot wait until January 7, 2012. (or whenever baby decides to come into the world)



1 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Charlene said...

You will be an amazing mommy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home