Saturday, August 20, 2011

11 ounces of PINK

I have always been attracted to babies ever since I held my first. Whenever someone from church or a family friend had a baby, they'd be my new best friend because I only wanted to be around the little one. It fascinated me that I was once that small. The fact I was still growing made me begin to think of how I couldn't wait to watch a little part of me and a little part of my partner grow up. It was always a BOY BOY BOY on my mind for first child. There isn't a great reason as to why I preferred a boy over a girl, but maybe it was because I had an older brother and liked the fact I had two protectors instead of one (my dad and brother). If anything were to happen I know one or both would be there to fix the problem.

When I found out I was pregnant my mind raced to the boy gender. I imagined how awesome it'd be to have a "momma's boy" =D. Throughout the progressing weeks I gain extremely confident I was carrying a boy. One of my best friend's is pregnant as well (one week ahead) and purchased a pregnancy book of signs/myths indicating gender. I was checking off almost all boy checks, but she thinks I did because I had "boy" on my head. A big sign for me was craving MEAT! I havn't eaten red meat in 5 years and all of a sudden crave a juicy hamburger, hmm boy! Many of her checkoff list was pointing to a girl, which she realllllly wanted. Needless to say I looked more a boy things for a long time, but had to resist buying anything until we found out the gender.

Having the known date of finding out the sex is miserable. Each day drags on, and each week feels like a month. There is less sleeping, more research on baby gender prediction, always looking in the mirror, and more eating. Jordan had no problem at any of those things, such a boy thing! He'd just laugh at me because he knows how bad at am at waiting for anything, especially surprises.

The date finally came, Monday August 15 at 1:30PM. (And of course I woke up semi early this day and just stared at the clock.) The jelly is all over my tummy and the distinct outline of a head appeared. It was the wildest thing I had ever seen! The hands were moving and grabbing at the feet. I wanted to cry right there, just from happiness. The tech said she is looking healthy but having a hard time finding her end because her darn leg wouldn't move! I literally almost bawled, but saved it just in case we gained some luck. Jordan's eyes were pinned to the images. Asking what was what and making me laugh. The tech finally found her bottom and I held my breath as she showed us the three little dots to make our healthy baby, a GIRL! I was honestly not expecting that, but had begun to think since I was craving brownies and cheesecake the pass 3 weeks. My whole body heated up from the rush of adrenaline. I was SO HAPPY. Our very own first baby girl. Jordan was hoping for a boy as well, but he begun to smile from ear to ear after hearing the results. I'm thinking he's wanting a "daddy's girl", but he can admit to that later. We got a roll of photos, more than I expected which made us very glad.

The hard part is over. We have found out the gender and have picked a name.

Harper Ann-Elizabeth Frank
We cannot wait to meet her! Just like her grandparents who have already given us/her clothes and cuddly animals. Thank you once again! 

I'll post ultrasound pics as soon as I take my SS# off the film.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home