Sunday, February 19, 2012

Procrastination Should Be a Job

If I got paid for each time I have procrastinated then my house would be down the street from Bill Gates. Even on the most important things I wait until deadline time. Maybe I do like the "rush" of getting something completed like an assignment or being on time for an appointment. I have procrastinated my nursing application which is due March 1. It is not the RN program, but the LPN. I still need my transcripts from high school and UK and ACT scores. But since I took the ACT so long ago I'll be taking the Compass Exam which is 4 hours! I cannot bear to sit that long anywhere...so I'm dreading it. Luckily with my ACT scores plus the Compass Exam I have a better chance of being accepted (crossing my fingers). They gave me a "practice test/review" sheet and ohhhh boy do I need to re-take math! It has been 2 years since my last math class and some things are just fuzzy to remember.

Back at work...yayyy! I hate being away from Harper, but I do enjoy making the money and getting out of the house. My legs are sore from this weekend's 3 shifts. Apparently my school schedule that is beginning in March will be messing up my working schedule. I just hope I continue to get enough shifts with my poor availability. Because it is a smaller restaurant it holds less servers. My schedule flexibility is NO LONGER flexible and I tend to feel bad about it, but cannot do anything to change it.

Harper is going through her fussy stage. I've been told babies are their fussiest between 6-8 weeks. Napping is a struggle for her during the day time. Once I put her down in bassinet to get things done she'll sleep for 10 minutes then begin to cry. I try to wait to pick her up to see if she'll go back to sleep but her cry only gets more intense. Today I went to the grocery store thinking if she cries then she cries. I fed her before we left and of course once I put her in car seat she begins to cry. As she sits in the car she continues to cry, but once we start moving she calms herself down. Its weird how she cries when in still position but coos or sleeps when in a moving position. Babies are unique I tell you! Harper being a great baby no matter what went straight to sleep when we got home until 9:30! This allowed me to cook, eat with Jordan AT THE DINNER TABLE (big thing), and do some cleaning. After 2.5 hours of sleeping I decided to wake her up so she would also sleep well in the night for me. I wish this would be a regular thing, but she is unpredictable and we live in Harper World now.

She is still the best and most beautiful little girl in our whole entire world.

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good concept! Thanks for sharing, But i m waiting for your new work.

locksmith tools

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home