Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ahead of Time

Week 33, Day 4 

The day is arriving soon for Jordan and I to move into our new place! December 1st is when we get the "keys" he says, but not officially move in until he is finished with finals. We'll be painting the first week to give it that homey feel since I know I'll be there majority of the time unless visiting family for awhile. Plus I do NOT want to be smelling paint while I'm sleeping, not good for anyone especially baby! First room I'll get done is Harper's. She is number ONE in everything I do now since her due date will be here before we know it! =D I'm thinking pink on three walls, and striped green/white on one wall. The best part is going to be putting everything together and in the right spots. Yah, I'm majorly nesting in my head. I cannot wait to put my hands to work on it because it has been driving me crazy!

I have taken inventory on everything we have for Harper and we are almost set completely! Just need a few more things that I'll be reaching for on Black Friday so we can get a good deal (on a glider). The baby showers helped us out SOOOO much and without them I'd be freaking out right now. I already have everything of hers packed and ready go. Don't want to start my own packing too early because then I'll have nothing to do at that time and will get bored easily. To occupy myself right now I'm doing a few more crafts for our new apartment. One for guest bathroom, a Christmas one, and already finished one for Harper's room.

On Sunday I became very sick. Could not keep anything down, and this was one of my biggest fears since I got pregnant. Apparently there is a nasty stomach virus going around and with my weakened immune system it jumped all over me. My brother and his household had it, then me, and then my parents! Talk about bad luck. At least it is over before Thanksgiving because I have been looking forward to the mess of delicious food for awhile now. My sickness went on for a little over 24 hours. I became extremely dehydrated, and had not eaten anything besides popsicles and medication that doctor prescribed me.
     On Monday we had a baby doctor appointment for a regular check up (now going every 2 weeks). I was still very dehydrated but had gotten my appetite back. With that Jordan and I became starved by the time we had only waited 30min in the waiting room...classic. Doctor did the regular checkup duties and noticed that I was measuring small and noticed that I had dropped a little bit. He questioned me about my braxton hicks and all I could say was that I get them more and more everyday (which I thought was regular). Just to make sure everything was looking good from the inside out he hooked me up to heartbeat and contraction monitor until we could get an ultrasound to check my cervix closely. About 25 minutes had passed and just a minor contraction had shown. But then another and stronger one came, and then another, and another! Jordan said, "Summer stop it!" of course he was messing around, but really I wish I could have! Ended up having 5 contractions within last 25 minutes. But I KNEW this was from me being so dehydrated and previously sick.
     Doctor obviously did not like that. We got into ultrasound and found I was not dilated at all, but very thin. Because of these results doctor ordered us to go to Labor/Delivery section of hospital to stay overnight for observation with a certain medication he would give me every four hours to stop contractions. He also ordered a steroid shot twice for baby's lungs in case she does come earlier than expected at any date. Needless to say once I got one bag of IV fluids in me my contractions stopped. The only thing now that was on my mind was FOOD. Luckily Jordan had to leave to get things to bring to hospital anyway so he stopped by Five Guys for a good 'ole burger...yum!
Here is little 4lbs 7oz Harper Frank at 33 weeks. 

Harper is still breached with her legs in front of her face. She has been this way since we found out the gender! Amazing how she will not adventure in the the tummy. I am hoping and praying that she turns by due time, but with myself, Jordan, my mom and dad being breached I will not be surprised if she remains this way. Jordan stayed with me throughout entire night and mid-day until we were able to leave. He is already the best boyfriend and now is becoming the best new daddy. Funny moment in the hospital is when the nurse came in at 6AM to give me my medicine and noticed Jordan sleeping in the chair beside me. She whispered, "Does he know that lays out into a bed form?" I looked at him and just giggled. Woke him up to tell him the good news of comfort and with the help of the nurse we got him to make a sigh of relief and feel back asleep within minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home